STOURBRIDGE VELO CYCLING CLUB

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stourbridge velo cycling club

Downhill race

Neil h
    Neil h

Downhill race Empty Downhill race

Post  Neil h Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:10 am

Due to popular demand the Velo will be holding our first annual downhill contest on Sunday 21st November on Clive Hill which is near Pattingham starting at 10.30 am.
    To those who are not familiar with a downhill freewheeling contest here are a few guidelines and rules ( oh yes, we do have rules and anyone found breaking any of these will be dragged before the committee and if found guilty will be shot at dawn)

- Each rider will start at approx 30 second intervals from the top of Clive Hill with their one foot on the ground, they will then freewheel down the hill and the rider who travels the greatest distance will be declared the winner and Velo club champion.
    - Observers will be positioned down the course to ensure that no one pedals, any one doing so will be disqualified
    - Normal road bikes only can be used and all bottles, pumps, and spares should be removed at the start.
    - Tri Bars, disc wheels or any aero aids are strictly forbidden
    - Once you reach the bottom of the hill and your speed is almost zero then 'surging' the bike to travel further is forbidden.
    - Fixed wheel bikes are not allowed !
    - Anyone under 11 stone - don't bother, but please turn up to help with the running of the event

That's all I can think of at the moment, if something else comes to mind I will come back to you. However, if you do have any questions please come back to me

Right, so get training - extra chips and plenty of pies and that's just your starter at each meal !

Regards

Roger lol!

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:29 am