STOURBRIDGE VELO CYCLING CLUB

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stourbridge velo cycling club

2 posters

Snow drop express

Neil h
    Neil h

Snow drop express Empty Snow drop express

Post  Neil h Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:08 am

THE SNOWDROP AND SUNRISE EXPRESS AUDAX

19th February 2011

Dear Fellow Cyclist

Last year you entered the Beacon’s Snowdrop and Sunrise Express 123km Audax event. Hopefully you enjoyed the day and would like to ride the next Express on Saturday 19th February 2011.

It may only be October but if like me you are already feeling oppressed by the darkening evenings and worsening weather then by February you will be clamouring to ride and event where camaraderie and a pleasant route gets you back out onto the road. So hopefully, the Snowdrop and Sunrise Express Audax will provide you with opportunity.

The 2011 route continues to uses the popular cafes at Upton and Evesham but you will note some minor route changes to take benefit of better road surfaces. Winter being winter can also mean icy lanes so a ‘gritted alternative’ will be made available on the day if required.

Entry to this event is easy. Just go to the Beacon RCC website where you will be able to find full details of the event and the Paypal entry link. I expect the event to fill so please do not leave your entry until too late.

Kindest regards

Philip Whiteman

Organiser

http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/audax/express/index.html

Alistair

Snow drop express Empty Snowdrop annual audax ride

Post  Alistair Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:01 pm

Velo members,

You missed a good day out around the lanes of Worcestershire riding the annual 120km or thereabouts audax event.

I guess that I might of been the only Velo rider taking part last Saturday morning in our cyan blue cycling kit unlike four riders in 2010. Stourbridge CC had around 10-12 riders taking part like Pat and Keith Green.

The rain held off but the light windy conditions and muddy roads made the ride hard in parts.

The usual check points namely, Upton on Severn and Evesham were very busy with riders doing either the Sunrise (clockwise) or Snowdrop (anti-clockwise)events.

I chose not to stop at the check points for a cuppa and cake as I only had my brevet card stamped and checked and jumped back on my bike to continue with the ride.

Enjoy your cycling activities whatever you choose to ride to represent the Velo.

Alistair